Current Job Openings
1. POSITION: Program Associate
For the 2021-2022 school year, we are looking for dynamic and motivated college graduates to support our students’ success. We seek candidates who demonstrate a passion for urban education, social justice, and cultural understanding of our community. A housing stipend is provided in addition to a monthly stipend for the AmeriCorps grant.
Mother Caroline Academy (MCA) is a private, tuition-free school for girls in grades 4-8 from limited financial means. It serves girls of all faiths, races, and cultures from Boston neighborhoods. The mission of the school is to provide a high-quality education that develops the individual gifts of each student and prepares her for success in competitive secondary schools and college. Rooted in the Catholic tradition, now fully independent, we recognize the dignity of each person. MCA emphasizes the importance of scholarship, leadership, spiritual, and social development.
AmeriCorps Program Associate Job Description:
The Program Associate’s primary role is to support student development and academic success both inside and outside of the classroom. Responsibilities include:
- Assist teachers in planning and delivering daily lessons
- Assist teachers in preparing progress reports; administering assessments, and creating portfolios
- Provide one-on-one tutoring to students as well as small group instruction
- Assist in homeroom
- Attend staff meetings
- Act as a mentor in building meaningful relationships with students
- Supervise students as needed
- Manage students during after school programming
- Much of our students’ success reflects the quality of relationships that faculty and AmeriCorps Associates develop with individual students and their families.
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to the Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annmarie Quezada, Head of School
Mother Caroline Academy & Education Center
515 Blue Hill Avenue, Dorchester, MA, 02121
After receiving your information, you will be contacted about the next steps.
Comp and Benefits:
- Bi-weekly stipend totaling $400 a month ($500 a month for second-year AmeriCorps)
- Full health insurance (through AmeriCorps)
- Participation in all school-based professional development programs
* Housing stipend provided and the requirement to live within a 10-mile radius of the school
· Minimum Education Required: 4-year college degree
Click here for PDF version Program Associate Job Description