Current Job Openings
1. Job Title: Program Associate
For the 2019-2020 school year, we are looking for dynamic and motivated college graduates to support our students’ success. We seek candidates who demonstrate a passion for urban education. Housing and food are provided as well as a monthly stipend in addition to the AmeriCorps grant. Mother Caroline Academy (MCA) is a private, tuition-free school for girls in grades 4-8 from limited
financial means. It serves girls of all faiths, races, and cultures from Boston neighborhoods. The mission of the school is to provide a high-quality education that develops the individual gifts of each student and prepares her for success in competitive secondary schools and college. Rooted in the Catholic tradition, now fully independent, we recognize the dignity of each person. The Academy emphasizes the importance of scholarship, leadership, spiritual, and social development.
AmeriCorps Program Associate Job Description:
The Program Associate’s primary role is to support student development and academic success both inside and outside of the classroom. Responsibilities include:
- Assist teachers in planning and delivering daily lessons
- Assist teacher in preparing progress reports; administering assessments, and creating portfolios.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring to students as well as small group instruction Assist in homeroom
- Design and offer after school programs for students (3:30-4:45)
- Attend staff meetings
- Act as a mentor in building meaningful relationships with students
- Supervise students as needed
Much of our students’ success reflects the quality of relationships that faculty and AmeriCorps Associates develop with individual students and their families.
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to email@example.com
Annmarie Quezada, Head of School Mother
Caroline Academy & Education Center
515 Blue Hill Avenue, Dorchester, MA, 02121
After receiving your information, you will be contacted about the next steps.
Comp and Benefits:
- Housing is provided on MCA’s 4th floor including shared living space, fully equipped kitchen, dining area, and private single bedrooms.
- Funding for food purchased through Stop and Shop and delivered to the residence.
- Stipend of $400 a month ($500 a month for second-year AmeriCorps)
- Full health and dental insurance (through AmeriCorps)
- Participation in all school-based professional development programs
- AmeriCorps Service Award (approximately $5700 for 2018-2019) available annually dependent upon
Successful completion of required hours Successful
Minimum Education Required: 4-year degree
Click here for PDF version Program Associate Job Description